We added a Copy URL menu option and keyboard shortcut
⌘ Shift C for quickly sharing a contrast rating. Like this.
- You can now press
⌘ V when Contrast is focused (but the hex text fields aren't focused) to paste rich text. This will automatically set the foreground and background colors. This is handy for quickly checking some existing text on a website or document. See the video below for a demo.
- Also fixed an issue where you could set backspace as a keyboard shortcut. This would make typing pretty challenging.
We fixed launch at login, shortcuts not working sometimes, and preferences in Dark Mode. Enjoy!
- We've added preferences! Too many for one bullet point, so keep reading...
- You can now set your own global show/hide shortcut.
- You can also set shortcuts for picking foreground and background colors.
- Launch at login is now possible. Honestly, why would you ever not want Contrast launched and ready? Amirite?
- Add support for El Capitan for a few that keep snoozing their system updates
- Fix command-dragging the menu bar item. Now you can properly order all of your icons. Important stuff!
- Improve keyboard shortcuts in welcome window. Pressing return now presses the correct button. Oops.
- Drag the app off the menu bar and move it where you want.
- Press up or down in either input to change brightness values.
- Hold shift + arrow keys to change values at 10x.
- Shift-click the loupe to select multiple colors at once.
- Option-click the loupe to pick a color and copy the hex.
- Option-shift-click to do both.